Pairing: Movie Night
Popcorn and Prosecco!
Ordinarily, we have movie night every Friday. This week, a newly purchased jar of truffle salt has insisted that we pop some corn and throw in a movie a day early. And, Oh Happy Days, I had a bottle of Cupcake Prosecco ready to go. It's a budget-friendly sparkling Italian wine that pairs remarkably well with our movie night snack of choice, truffle popcorn.
|movie night perfected|
To make the popcorn:
- Glug a hefty splash of olive oil into a saucepan and heat
- Add enough popcorn kernels to cover the bottom of the pan
- Put a lid on it, then give a vigorous shake
- When you hear the first kernel pop, start shaking furiously for a bit
- When you can count two "MISSISSIPPI" in between pops, turn off the heat
- Pour popcorn into a bowl and sprinkle with copious amounts (or to taste) of truffle salt
- Toss and serve